1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's fair, but like every other part of the economy, the restart will be slower than optimists expect.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Has anyone here gotten then antibody test? I’m doing it Friday, mostly because I think that that there is a decent chance that I was exposed and I’d love to know.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

How did you quote me when someone else posted that?

Webster likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Let us know how it goes. I'm kind of curious about doing it too.

lakefront and Jerry-atric like this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Haven't yet, but soon. Please post about it, would love to know more.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I would like to know too. I'd like to get one for my son. But they seem very unreliable so far.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The obnoxious governor of Florida spiked the football in a diatribe against the libruhl media today, proudly claiming victory over those who said his state would have a serious problem if it reopened. He forgot to mention a couple of things:
    1) He has been hiding data from his constituents for weeks.
    2) There's plenty of info to suggest people aren't yet eager to return to normalcy. OpenTable reservations have been down 81% over last year according to a seven-day average statewide. They're down 87% year over year in Georgia.

Perhaps the spread has stopped because people remain reluctant to follow the lead of the gun-toting, capitol-storming Trumpists who claim Amurrica has been killed because they can't get their hair done or pray to Donald Trump in their house of worship.

HanSenSE, TigerVols and Jerry-atric like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup. Factor in governors either too eager to please Trump or not able to withstand criticism (looking at Kemp in Georgia and DeSantis in Florida) and some people's determination to figuratively - if not physically - shoot the bird to anyone from the medical community urging them to use caution ... this cannot come as a surprise.

Then cases will spike, deaths will increase and they'll throw up their hands and ask what went wrong as if they didn't know. Wash, rinse, repeat ...

Draft saved Draft deleted