1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "The Last Dance" Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Apr 19, 2020.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

That's one thing I don't get, is the public announcement that Jackson is gone regardless. Why would you do that? Why would you even tell the team that? What business practice does it serve?

I get the Bulls were showing some signs of wearing down and in a business sense it might not have been possible to keep them together much longer, but you basically played your hand and blew them up right there. Why?

qtlaw and sgreenwell like this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Drafting Pippen, and getting him to sign that team-friendly contract, are definite feathers in his cap. The same with swapping Collins and Jackson. Some of the other moves though, I think could be attributed to system - Paxson, B.J. Armstrong, Steve Kerr, it seemed like the spot-up shooter flourished with Jordan and Pippen spacing the floor - and he obviously had plenty of misses. I think he was at least a good GM though with Jordan there, and Jordan and Jackson trusted him enough, for long enough.

4. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I’m not here to defend MJ, but if anything made Pippen look bad it was this:

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I didn't watch a second of the Last Dance - but I am amazed seeing how upset former teammates are about it. If it's just Jordan spouting off about stuff - fine. But don't say it's a documentary about the Bulls final season and not bother talking to anyone besides Jordan or his acolytes.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They talked to -- Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Grant, Kerr, Kukoc, Armstrong, Paxon, Perdue, Cartwright, Wennington, Burrell, Buschler, Harper, Kleine -- in addition to Jackson.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

like I said - didn't watch a minute of it - so I'm guessing Jordan got the final edit. Fine. Still surprised - pandemic or no - how much attention it got.

Liut likes this.
  8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

That television program kept sports-talk radio alive during the pandemic. It was rehashed over and over again at outlets all over the place. Heck, it was still being picked apart yesterday (Wednesday).

Tweener likes this.
  9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

They also spoke to Bird, Isiah, Magic, Barkley, Stockton, Gary Payton and many other opponents.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Booth, Brown, Caffey, LaRue and Simpkins were not talked to.

Longley was in Australia.

I think he got enough to paint the picture.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Kobe and Stern are dead.

Winter would have been interesting. Unsure when he started sitting people down.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What in the absolute fuck?

Draft saved Draft deleted