1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Anheuser-Busch

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Back to 9 (-115) for the Dinos-Doosan total. Haven't seen a total that low in a long time.

Let's get back on the train for the over.

3. exmediahack

Okay, okay...

With all of the writers at The Athletic, how has there NOT been an oral history on the making of this commercial?

I can't imagine how long this took to get everyone together, how drunk everyone was by the end of the shoot and whether the participants knew they were in the midst of television gold.

Chef2 likes this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Twist my arm. A couple of my books were at 8.5 with massive juice to the over, but I took the 9/-115. Fun to have something to wake up to in the east.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

If they keep hitting the over we can pool our winnings and buy the team.

6. exmediahack

This will probably just remain my new "daily play". I'll throw $11.50/$12 on the over each day, depending on the juice.

My last "auto play" was during the NBA season. Road favorites of 5 to 9,5 points. I auto-bet them -- some nights, you get one team. Some nights you get three or four. Those specific plays went 37-21 for the year. I seem to remember a lot of Clippers, Mavs, Bucks, Pacers and Heat covering as road favoties.

Here is the reasoning. If you're an NBA road favorite between 5-9.5, that means you're quite a bit better than the home team. Fouls at the end of games will often take a team winning by 4 or 5... and make it 8 or 9 as the losing team is missing threes. Once the losing team is down 7+ points with under :20 left, they just quit fouling.

playthrough likes this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Doosan train slowing down, only a 2-1 win this morning.

exmediahack likes this.
  8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. exmediahack

It means they’re streaky. That’s better than choppy (win one, lose one, win one...)

So I would have lost a $620 bet today instead of a $340 bet yesterday.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

They're moving to St. Petersburg.

JakeandElwood likes this.
  11. exmediahack

Or some place called The Triad.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

삼인조

Draft saved Draft deleted