1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "The Last Dance" Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I think you can read between the lines that Scottie Pippen wasn't an angel in all this. The taking himself out of a game, the contract dispute/injury, etc. It seemed they were more critical of that stuff as opposed to Rodman disappearing and his shenanigans, then that was Dennis being Dennis, right? Those things Pippen did would have been detrimental to a lot of teams, but that one just was different I guess. Still didn't seem like the team loved those things. So, yeah, despite all that he came across pretty OK. My thought is like yours, it was a documentary. While you could read between the lines, it definitely still played him in a certain way overall.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Clearly the producers never watched the 97 playoffs. Dele was an important player off the bench.
    They should have gone back and look at his playoff log. He gave the Bulls 25 minutes a night.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  3. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

That would be quite a get, the Dele interview . . .

BartonK, poindexter and Tweener like this.
  4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

You have an impressive memory. I looked Dele up at basketball-reference.com and he did provide valuable minutes in 1997. Sadly, he passed several years ago.

5. Regan MacNeil

Are you sure?

Jerry-atric likes this.
  6. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

His own brother murdered him, sadly.

7. Regan MacNeil

Wow. I didn’t know that. Thanks.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

One spot where I think it gets kind of interesting is the migraine game. I think the doc was pretty fair to Scottie there, and I also think it was pretty clear that Michael thinks Scottie should have played (despite saying that he understood).

Ultimately I thought Michael was pretty protective of Scottie and not terribly fair to Krause. The bottom line is that everything was presented through the lens of Jordan's viewpoint, which is probably more interesting than trying to do it in a more detached way.

Tweener and Roscablo like this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Michael was an ass about the migraine at the time.

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I forgot about the migraine to add to all this. Michael didn't seem too pleased in the doc, although he didn't expand much. So there is another thing, although that one likely wasn't on Pippen.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Jordan had the ultimate praise for Pippen, he said something to the effect the only championships he won were with Scottie.

Most everyone wanted this to be from MJ's POV,its the most interesting one. To do anything different would be idiotic. You want something different? Do it yourself, easy solution. Be realistic folks.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

If you guys didn't know about Brian Williams -- aka Bison Dele -- you must be relatively new to sports. It seems weird to say he passed, when he was murdered on the high seas.

Draft saved Draft deleted