1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "The Last Dance" Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Apr 19, 2020.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Weren’t they required to take one college player?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That was a damn good 10 hours.

The Kerr Dad stuff got to me, and I am the least sentimental/sensitive person here.

It was nice that Pippen gave a shoutout to Krause. Did Krause fuck up the end? Yes. Did Krause get good to great parts to support Jordan for 10 years? Absolutely.

The Pippen back stuff was spellbinding. Jordan side-whispering to Kerr to be ready for the ball, and Kerr screaming back, "I'LL BE READY!!!" was great.

3. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Jordan saying that he needed to be a tyrant to get the most out of his teammates was one part of the doc that I didn't particularly care for. I just didn't buy it. It was an excuse to add to his competitive genius. It made me think of Duncan, who won five rings and didn't have to be an asshole to his teammates to do it.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

And if Laettner had a great career, there would have been tons of stories about how his time around these 11 great players forged his work ethic and made him better.

5. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

As a former Utah resident, I want to defend the portrayal of the state's pizza in Episode 9....

I might go on a Jon Stewart like rant if so warranted.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Kerr has such a sense of perspective and empathy whenever he’s interviewed,

playthrough and Tweener like this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jordan had a sharp tongue. I don't know if we got the 'best of', but man, he had some good lines.
    Tex Winter: Your shoes okay? You were sliding around the other night.
    Jordan: Stick around, they'll be sliding another ring on your finger later on tonight.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Egoless and self-deprecating despite his accomplishments and accolades. A fascinating guy.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Anyone who says that Laettner's presence on the Dream Team hurt him should read Jack McCallum's book. It's an absurd notion. He was around some of the best players ever to play the game, learning from them and competing with them in practices. Come on.

Laettner should have been a better pro, considering his college career. But Shaq and Alonzo Mourning, the two guys drafted ahead of him, were Hall of Fame level pros and Laettner's finesse post game was not en vogue in the league at the time. He would've been better had he been in the league a decade or two later.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Speaking of what has become the most famous pizza ever prepared in Utah, this story comes out. Guy claims he's the one that made and helped deliver the pizza, he was a big Bulls fan, and denies the pie was tampered with.

Who delivered Michael Jordan 'poisoned' pizza? A Bulls fan who has his own version of the story

11. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Pizza delivery for a, um, Mr. Leroy Smith.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted