1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yes. New York to New Orleans to Jackson to Coahoma County. :)

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It would be great if your prediction came true, but the indications that prolonged exposure in enclosed areas is the highest risk of spreading the virus makes fall, winter and especially the holidays problematic. I don't see folks taking as readily to wearing masks indoors as they do outdoors, especially if it's for hours on end.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They'd better, especially if the office is open to the public.

4. BTExpress

That's like saying, "I don't see folks taking as readily to wearing coats in the winter as they do in the summer." Absolutely backward. Enjoy the fresh air --- mask free. Do what you feel is necessary indoors.

Saw a guy talking a walk in my neighborhood yesterday (where you can take a 3-mile walk and never get within 50 feet of anybody). Nobody around him. He was wearing a mask. Choosing his own CO2 over the wonderful fresh air.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Name one intelligent thing Trump has done as president. Please. Anything.

Seriously, I want to see the USA, the one I pledged allegiance to from kindergarten to 12th grade be a shining beacon of democracy, independent of political beliefs.

Like when Reagan helped bring the Iron Curtain down, or GWB authorized Desert Shield/Storm. That's fine.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

There have been good things happen since Trump was elected. ... I attribute most of those to the Blind Squirrel-Nut proposition.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Well, I would say it's a pretty big fucking problem when we have a submoron making life-and-death decisions.

I take no joy from him being dense. I wish he'd get his shit together for one week.

It would benefit everyone for him to show any ability to learn. He can't do it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Renegotiating NAFTA. Granted he did it with as much thought as the Underpants Gnomes put into making money off of stealing underwear, both Canada and Mexico both agreed it needed to be done and anytime you get Canada and Mexico to agree with Trump on ... anything ...

9. BTExpress

Having no need to repeat the same stuff everybody else is saying does NOT mean you have an opposite viewpoint. It just means, "There is nothing to add on this subject." Especially if one is not into linking other people's words, which is all that is done here anymore. Although occasionally there may be an interesting perspective. Hence, Alma.

And it's cute that people believe Reagan had anything to do with bringing down the Iron Curtain. (And it was GHWB who did that Shield/Storm thingy).

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Or, or, we said places where large amounts of people can congregate in close proximity can be dangerous

11. BTExpress

True. But they can sure as hell do that at home.

And one of the things we have learned is outdoor congregation --- outdoor anything --- is simply safer than indoor.

I wouldn't take my chances on either, but if I had to I'd choose a baseball game with 30,000 people over a basketball game with 15,000.

12. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

The corona virus thread has reached ruthian status!

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted