1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose open-wheel (F1, IRL) racing thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by crimsonace, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I was set to take a school group to the Houston space center in a couple of weeks. NASA won't refund our tickets. Freakin' NASA is so hard up it has to rip off 500 bucks from a school?

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Seriously, I would contact your Congressman and get them to sort it out. They live for shit like this.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Good advice. When I lived in Cambridge in the '70s, a college friend of mine was having trouble with his Mom's SSI. I said he should call his Congressman, who was of course Tip O'Neill. O'Neill's office didn't just personally deliver the check to his Mom in Florida, they sent some kid over to apologize to my friend.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice, but the other social studies teacher and I in charge of the trip probably can't use our own names with our Representative. After prior communications, I'm pretty sure he has us on a list. :D

Seriously, though, we are going to put the county attorney on it.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If you're really hard-up for some sports/racing action, F1 is hosting a virtual Grand Prix in place of every event on the calendar — and ESPN is writing up gamers for it. Leclerc, Norris and a few other guys are involved. Verstappen, apparently, hates the F1 game.

Leclerc wins Virtual GP as Norris uninstalls game

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If you’re really hard up for eracing with all the NASCAR, IMSA and IndyCar pro drivers on iRacing the past couple of weeks … well, really though, how?

8. bigpern23

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I thought it was funny how quickly McLaren snatched up Ricciardo. I suspect they wanted to avoid the obvious speculation that Fernando Alonso would return.

I suspect Vettel may be done. There's now an opening at Renault and he has history there from all the years Red Bull had Renault engines... but I suspect Renault doesn't want to pay that much, particularly for a guy on the decline.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. bigpern23

Ricciardo is pretty talented and fan friendly, too.

PCLoadLetter and garrow like this.
  11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He is. It's a great move for McLaren.

bigpern23 and garrow like this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The only reason I picked up a Renault hat at Advance is because I'm a Ricciardo fan. Oh well.

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted