1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Does any state meet that criteria, even NY? You can have 13 days of declines and one slight uptick restarts the clock.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Won't anyone think of the deer?

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I won’t; damn hole is still throbbing.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She got the crown?

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

In case anyone wants a step-by-step rundown of said regimen upon arrival, Ms. Chor's experience is a near carbon copy of my own.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is part of why New York is going with a regional approach. The regions that meet a set of seven criteria can begin opening Friday. Those that don't must wait until they reach those criteria. The opening also doesn't happen all at once. It is broken into four phases, with things like schools and larger events in the fourth phase. I get the logic of this plan, because things are very different in the western part of the state than they are in New York City, but it's not as if the virus is going to respect regional lines any more than it does state lines.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

One of the precautions needed for reopening? Universal masking. Anybody think that’s possible in the anti-science, you can’t tell me what to do USA?

Opinion | How to Reopen America Safely

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh. No. 2 on his list is "Spend more time outside."

So can we send "Stay. The. Fuck. Home." to the trash heap and never hear it again?

Of course, the virus would be long gone had we told New York City on March 1 that, instead of tolls to enter the city, anyone leaving the city must get tested first. :)

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A guy I went to high school with is being treated for CANCER and he's looking for a new doctor and hospital because his current one requires masks and he refuses to do it.
    That's how dug in people are on this, to the point of being incredibly stupid about it.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

CBS poll today found 70 percent of respondents said they wore a mask either all or most of the time in public. Nothing is ever going to be universal in the US, but that's a respectable figure, and interestingly, the non-mask wearers' reasons were almost all about how they found wearing one a pain in the ass, not as a political or cultural statement.

Draft saved Draft deleted