1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He was just the star of the show. He made money, but producer Mark Burnett made a lot more.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The issue is very basic, if Clinton can be forced to sit for a deposition, the subpoena should stand. Any other argument is legally wrong.

Mngwa, Baron Scicluna, garrow and 2 others like this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’m guessing that his tax returns are a constant shell game of overstating expenses and lying about revenues. He also was inconsistent with respect to the value and occupancy rates for his properties depending on the purpose for the valuations.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Is this about Obamagate or ObamaNetflix?

5. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Bernie Sanders absent from a pivotal vote on internet privacy. The Wyden-Daines amendment would have limited warrantless government searches of internet and browsing history.

Passage failed by one vote, 59-37. Sanders didn't vote.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

In a special election in CA, the republican candidate, Mike Garcia, has a substantial lead. When I looked at his credentials, I thought he was the better candidate.

I suggest to the voters, let's get back to picking the best candidate, not just down party lines.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I'm all for that, on the condition that when they represent us with their votes, they actually represent is and not vote whichever way the party tells them.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Remember when the Republicans used to complain about "leading from behind" and ebola? Now they are satisfied with total retreat and coronavirus. And remember when the Republicans complained about tax cuts? Just kidding, that is the only thing they care about. If you want a more competent and compassionate government, you know what to do on November 3.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The easiest way to turn Americans into fans of Medicare For All? Get a few tens of millions laid off and then let them look up the cost of COBRA coverage while they are unemployed. Mine will run $800 per month.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

A fair number of Democrats who did vote, voted against it. I'm curious as to why.

11. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Most of them are the moderate ones with more corporate interests. Feinstein, Manchin, Casey, Warner, Kaine, etc.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Actually, yes, but by my own actions and certainly not because of dumbass occupying the oval. If I hadn't thrown up a middle finger to my newspaper publisher and stayed (like a friend of mine), this Covid situation would have screwed me something fierce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.