1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I am highly intrigued - thanks! I'll have to see what platform I can watch it on.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Why didn't anyone think Ozark deserved its own thread?

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Picard is really good. I refused to get CBS all access for discovery inpart because I didn't much care for the first episode. But there's no way I'm missing Picard. Since I have it now I'm going to finish up Discovery, I'm in season 2. Still not sure if I like it, but I'll reserve judgment time through this season.

WriteThinking likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just finished it. Not really my type of show, but lockdown etc. Jason Bateman and Laura Linney were predictably excellent. The actress who played Ruth (who I had never seen before) was awesome. However, way too many supporting roles were played by dull and forgettable actors/actresses.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Ruth's boyfriend tore the cover off the ball.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Agreed. And Darlene was positively evil, as was the FBI agent in season 1-2, the street preacher ... I totally disagree with garrow. There was a ton of superb bit players.

qtlaw likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Not thinking of him or the preacher. Dullards: more along the lines of every fed, every politician, every cartel dude, the real estate guy, his mom, the therapist....

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'll probably check out Discovery before my free month is up. I may get to it this weekend.

I'm going to finish Picard tonight. I've just got one episode to go. I really do enjoy it, but the concept behind one of the larger threats seems very familiar. I keep thinking Tricia Helfer is going to show up and ask Picard if he is alive.

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

10. BrownScribe

BrownScribe Active Member

Finally started the Good Place. Really dig it.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You just checked off more actors I thought did a great job. I'd hate to be an actor on the end of one of your movie critiques. Apparently you're hard to please.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Oh, not at all. I loved Reindeer Games!

Draft saved Draft deleted