1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Same here. I saw him live once, and he put on a helluva show. Seen a couple of his Japan matches with Okada, which are incredible. But it kind seems like they’ve been de-emphasizing him in AEW since they got the TV show when they should be showing how special he is supposed to be. It’s almost as if Vince is booking him.

Hangman Page, on the other hand, has skyrocketed with the opportunity, at least, from what I’ve seen.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I think there's two reasons Omega hasn't been as compelling as he could be. First is that he has a VP title. Same thing can be said to some degree for the Young Bucks (who haven't had many shots at the tag titles) and Cody (who has mainly focused on getting MJF over). Second, Omega's work with Okada and Jericho in Japan was phenomenal, but a lot of the stuff he did to make a name for himself (wrestling a little girl and a broom) won't play to the mainstream American audience.

All that said, his matches with Pac/Neville were phenomenal. Some of the best AEW has put out.

3. Baron Scicluna

Velveteen Dream is trending on Twitter ... and not for good reasons.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

5. Baron Scicluna

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

JimmyHoward33 and sgreenwell like this.
  8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Bronson is a beast. He's the youngest of Rick's three boys, who were all wrestlers and football players in high school. He's also had some tutelage on pro wrestling already in case football doesn't work out.

Now, Scott has kids coming through the same high school that Rick's kids went to.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I still prefer the NXT in-ring product on Wednesday nights, but Jericho on the mic for two hours is the best thing going in pro wrestling. I could listen to him talking about that “freshly squeezed idiot” all day.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

pronouncing ski-o-vone the same way he did on Nitro in 1996 just makes me happy.

the bit about Britt Baker being brilliant for creating her own patients cracks me up too.

speaking of color, Corey Graves with a nice Patriots burn, said Gronk would have all kinds of security to protect his 24/7 title at NFL stadiums, “hidden cameras, and he probably knows a lot about that.” or something along those lines

11. Baron Scicluna

Should have signed with the Raiders. His Dad already knows about Chucky.

mpcincal and Batman like this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Just another way for the Ravens to stick it to Cleveland.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted