1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You're assuming that such people can read. I think lawyers call this assuming facts not in evidence.

But seriously, folks, Saint Dabo of the Upstate and the Mullet of the Plains do need to read that piece.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

$40,900,000,000 in FY 19. Or about $1,800,000 per student in FY 19.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

38,500 deaths in the past month

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'd be giggling like a schoolgirl except for the fact these red state bozos will make it more likely we all get sick.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So tell him that.

8. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

According to KWCH, this only affects the two churches that sued, one in Dodge City and one in Junction City.

Dodge City is the county seat of Ford County, which saw its positive cases nearly double in the last two days and now has over 100. Ford County has about 1/10th of the population of Wichita.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The difference is that we KNOW how all those other things work and attack and we have a game plan treatment for those ailments. For COVID 19 we DONT KNOW! We don’t even know any of the WHO WHAT WHERE IR WHEN, okay we’ll we know what it does to the cells but we don’t know HOW our body responds they way it does. That’s science, that’s why it’s different.

Is there any instance where we send people and just say WTF? Hope you survive? No.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I pointed out that with the flu we already have a proven vaccine and treatment that we don't have with COVID-19 yet. His response was the following.

I'm not buying his argument that by focusing resources on COVID-19, we're necessarily diverting resources away from other ailments and allowing other people to die. It's not a zero-sum game. How does saving the life of a COVID-19 patient or doing what we know can prevent, or at least significantly reduce the likelihood, of COVID-19 infection or death necessarily mean we're increasing the likelihood of death by other causes?

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

So tell the White House to fuck off. Other governors can then follow your lead. And then, if they have Republican senators, leverage that to pressure those GOP cucks to turn away from Trump and support the vital issues back home.

Yeah, I know, good luck with that. But the time is now for various sectors to start telling Trump to fuck off.

He's a big, empty blowhard anyway. He loves to punch down, but he self-destructs under strong, sustained criticism.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

sooper dooper heartwarming to see people so suddenly concerned by the health outcomes of poor children

ffs

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted