1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Helluva piece. This is my neck of the woods and I knew several people at that sectional. Should be mandatory reading for those who think that sports need to come back sooner than later, and with fans.

OscarMadison and Matt1735 like this.
  2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

This is not that hat guy. It's a friend of mine who has a masters in public policy. He doesn't think what Dr. Oz said was wrong or stupid.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

There were probably hundreds of these super-spreader events across the nation at about that point in time that we haven't heard about.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Your friend is wrong and stupid.

6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

UK Media Twitter is buzzing that Murdoch has made it known he would like Michael Gove to replace BoJo. Keep an eye on Sky News, the Times, and the red tops in case they start suggesting Boris go under the wheels of the big, red bus that helped make Brexit happen.

garrow likes this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

He seems to think that we're neglecting all these other ailments that also kill people because of the focus on the Coronavirus.

It's sort of like the jackasses who respond to Black Lives Matter with Our Lives Matter.

What I think he's missing is that without the lockdowns and other drastic reactions, there would be a lot more people in hospitals being treated for Coronavirus, which would take even more resources away from treating other medical conditions.

I don't really buy his trade off argument.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If nothing else, what we're living through blows "All lives matter" all to hell.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Yes. That is why he is wrong and stupid. This spreads a lot more easily and rapidly than the flu.
    edit: maybe not more rapidly but it has a longer incubation period. and there is no vaccine.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  12. Neutral Corner

How much is Harvard's endowment again?

Draft saved Draft deleted