1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Off-season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 30, 2019.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

But who does ESPN have that is as articulate as Herbstreit. Charles Davis does fine as the Fox #2 despite having little NFL experience. And if Fox puts Herbstreit in the booth then they can bring in a recently retired NFL guy who can serve as a third announcer with no real risk. If the NFL guy sucks Herbstriet si there to bail the broadcast out.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But does Herbstreit want to do it? He has always said he’s a college guy.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm sure they can give him X million reasons to want to do it. Or, depending on how his contract is worded, just make him do it.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Surprised ESPN hasn't poached a no. 2 or 3 guy from CBS or Fox. Dan Fouts is probably the best of the lot, but he's done MNF before.
    If ESPN really wanted to be bold they'd bring Costas out of retirement - he's younger than Al Michaels - and pair him with Rodney Harrison or Strahan.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Costas was more than comfortable giving the NFL shit while he was on TV. ESPN couldn't even handle Bill Simmons shitting on ole Roger on a podcast.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm in a discussion elsewhere about Cam Newton and I need opinions. This guy claimed it was a joke that Cam Newton won the MVP in 2015 and that he lacks the mental capacity and toughness to even play in the NFL at all, much less at quarterback. The same person once said that Mason Rudolph would have been justified if he did use the n-word because "they use it all the time."

Is it fair for me to dismiss this person as a racist?

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Are you talking about @heyabbott ?

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yes.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No. This discussion is on a message board unrelated to SJ.com.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

All Internet message boards are located no more than 15 minutes from SJ.com.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The best ones of the lot are the black throwback ones on the far right.

Draft saved Draft deleted