1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That wasn’t a replay. That was tonight’s installment of the short-track series. Rockingham on Monday, IRP tonight, Myrtle Beach tomorrow night, finals Thursday at Martinsville. Two races per night — basically heat races — with the winners and a “Peacock Provisional” chosen by Rutledge Wood advance each night. There may be an extra spot available for a provisional because William Byron swept both races Monday.

There should be another installment of the Replacements series and a CORT race over on YouTube tonight, too.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Oh, OK. Either way, the geezer has gone from "That ain't nothin" to watching and saying "That's amazing."

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

Clearly belongs to somebody in endurance racing.

Batman likes this.
  4. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Maybe this iRacing stuff isn't so great after all.

wicked likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Looked like he thought he was in private chat, which makes me wonder what else he might say.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

Um, it was 60-plus drivers from NASCAR, IndyCar, World of Outlaws, and IMSA with no cautions, no black flags and unlimited resets … which they needed because it was held on the bumpy ancient oval at Monza. Hell yes, it was awesome. And I think it broke an iRacing server.

I give you Landon Cassill’s Monza Madness.

What Larson said was not awesome, though. Gotta think that’s gonna have repercussions on Monday.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't doubt that the racing is great, with video games being what they are now. I probably sound like a get-off-my-lawn guy in saying I just can't get into it. And between the kerfuffle with Wallace and his sponsor last week and now Larson, Nascar is proving that it can still look silly even when they're not officially racing.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Suspended indefinitely

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

FATUS cult exults! First Amendment attack!

Draft saved Draft deleted