1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Films - show me some good ones

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I really don't want to be a horse's ass and threadjack the Dempsey thread, but, damn, I forgot how much I love Kilmer. Those last 30 seconds... Jesus. He looks like Superman hit him with a tree, and, IIRC, they won that game against the Bears.

Kilmer is 80 and alive.

RIP Sabols, Facenda, Thank you so very much.

Vombatus and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Raider is an autumn wind. ... pillaging just for fun.

Batman likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jeez man, I could watch about any week of This Week in Pro Football, with Pat Summerall and Tom Brookshire

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I like going back and watching highlight films from even the 50s and 60s, before I was born or old enough to pay attention.
    Whether it was Pete Rozelle or the Sabols or whoever, whosever idea it was to shoot footage in slo-mo and marry it to martial marching band and classical music was a genius for the ages.

I don't think in the Fifties people had any mythological reverence for pro football. But by the mid Sixties, it was titanic figures striding across the frozen tundra, guided by godlike deities like Lombardi.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Marion Motley scoring a touchdown after his helmet was knocked off was always an NFL Films staple. What's wild about the play is that Graham's pass wasn't much, and, if you look really closely around the 4:25-4:26 mark, Motley steps out of bounds.

9. NNDman

NNDman Active Member

My boyhood idol, Joe Kapp

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Start at 1:14.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I’m in pain just watching some of those hits.

Draft saved Draft deleted