1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Damn. Sending good feelings your hood's way

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

My daughter’s old day care, which is about 400 yards from my front door, had a worker test positive last week.

More of us will get some form of this than not.

3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I just went to the store for the first time in a week and thus first time since masks were recommended. I went to Sprouts -- probably 50 percent of customers wearing them, all employees -- and Target -- maybe 20 percent of customers and less than 10 percent of employees. Kind of an interesting case study.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No telling how many of us have some of it and are asymptomatic, or are fortunate not to have any other clinical issues that will make things worse.

We all need to be tested, and we need a vaccine. Until then ... no matter what advice some unqualified idiots with media access might say ...

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A friend and long-ago co-worker who inherited well bolted NYC a week ago for his cottage in New Hampshire. I guess that's how the monied class show their love for the city. (Did I mention he's originally from New England?)

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The USDA’s official news release is not a valid source, evidently.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Definitely. I never doubted for a second that people could get it from animals that might have it on their fur or skin.

8. outofplace

Thank you. As Scout wrote, we're all going to have people nearby get it. Hell, there is a very good chance we will all get it at some point. I just hope we all have the medical care we need available if/when that time comes.

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Well, heck. With my lungs and the beetus, I'm probably a goner. Nice knowing y'all.

I'm sadder that I can't pet the dogs who wander into my yard. I haven't been, but it would have been nice to know I could.

This pandemic sucks. I want a better one.

TigerVols likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

"The virus that causes COVID-19 spreads mostly from person to person through respiratory droplets from coughing and sneezing. At this time, there is no evidence that companion animals, including pets, can spread COVID-19 to people or that they might be a source of infection in the United States."

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. outofplace

Underlying conditions matter, but so does your immune system. Most people still survive this thing, even with underlying conditions. Some of us just have worse odds. Thanks to my asthma, I'm in that category, too.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

OK, that’s it. We have to stop Toronto.

Draft saved Draft deleted