1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Feel both. Let it be a sign of how important it is we social distance. And also be sad for your neighbor because it is sad. Deepest condolences.

OscarMadison and Dyno like this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah. I keep bouncing back and forth between both thoughts. He wasn't the friendliest guy, but his wife is. I feel terrible for his wife and daughter, but of course, this brings up my fears for myself and my family, too. It isn't just that their home is so close to ours. He was also the first person I knew personally to die from this thing. On some level, that means more than just the statistics.

Than you for the positive thoughts for my brother's family. :)

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. outofplace

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hang in there.

We'll get through it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. outofplace

I am feeling both. Honestly, my wife had just told me it was COVID-19 that caused his death, so I was processing as I wrote the update. As I mentioned, what really gets me is that was the first person I know personally who died from it.

OscarMadison and Spartan Squad like this.
  7. outofplace

Posted by 'yab on the thoughts and prayers thread.

[​IMG]

Webster, HanSenSE, Driftwood and 2 others like this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Just saw something posted in NextDoor in my area. Somebody is selling masks for $5 apiece but donating $1 for every mask made to health-care workers.
    Does anybody know if this is a fair price?

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If they are made worth a damn it's a great price. See if they have the pocket inside to put filter media. Even without that, if it's well made it's a good deal. Wash them regularly and/or put them in the sun. Try not to touch the outside of the mask, which will be the germy side if you have been exposed.

You can use nearly anything as a filter. Toilet paper folded, paper towel, gauze 4x4's, t-shirt material. Best I know of is a high end ($15 or so for a big one, like 20x30) 3M 1500 or better furnace filter. Clip the wires and cut the filter media to size, one filter will make many mask filters.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Saying what she is saying from where she is saying it makes the Queen Mum’s speech all that more profound.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m going to pump breaks on this for a moment or two. Wait for some better sources to vet this through.

Also, the virus can sit on the fur of an animal.

Draft saved Draft deleted