1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

That actually felt like one of their better PPVs in a while. Solid matches for the most part, and the biggest clunkers (Elias-Corbin and Goldberg-Braun) didn’t take up a ton of time. And a great end.

But didn’t Undertaker just commit kayfabe murder? Is Styles a zombie now?

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

The Boneyard match was absolutely great. Hell of a “follow that” for Cena and Bray.

I thought the ladder match and the KO/Rollins match were both great. The becky match was disappointing. The rest was forgettable./

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Edge-Orton and Brock-Drew are the two I'm looking forward to. I'm sincerely hoping they don't pull the rug out from under Drew, like they've done with some other guys (Strowman, Joe, Ricochet) who have been built up big while crossing paths with Lesnar.
    I don't have high hopes for Cena-Wyatt, based off of Wyatt's previous pre-taped matches, but am curious to see how they handle it.

The first night was pretty good. I missed the first couple of matches, but Undertaker-Styles and the ladder match were both outstanding.
    Strowman deserved a better spot and moment for his first world championship, but at least he's finally got the belt. Take it however you can get it. The match itself was shitty on so many levels, though. It really showed -- again -- how limited Goldberg is, even as a nostalgia act.

Also noteworthy — this is only the second Wrestlemania in 24 years (since his debut in WM 12) in which Triple H will not have a match. The only other one was WM 23, when he missed it because of his torn quad.

5. nietsroob17

Sssshhh. Triple H might hear you and try to splice in an intergender match with Steph.

6. nietsroob17

OTIS! OTIS! OTIS!

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I'm not watching, but apparently Twitter observers are having a field day with a particular Corey Graves quote about the match

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  8. nietsroob17

Nice for Bianca to be in full ring gear to support her hubby.

Nice surprise, and Montez's mannerisms after were great.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So far:

* Charlotte/Rhea was very good. Wrong person won, and even worse, it was by submission.
    * Aleister/Lashley was meh, as expected. I like watching Black kick guys’ heads off. That happened.
    * Otis/Dolph was what it was. Satisfying ending with Mandy.
    * Edge/Orton was good, but a little too long. They could have shaved off about 5-10 minutes and it would have been better. Ending was good, with the Conchairto on the truck. I liked the total silence after Edge hit it.
    * Tag title match was what it was.
    * Women’s SD Title was fine.

10. nietsroob17

THE SMACKDOWN FIST!!!!!!!

11. nietsroob17

What in the holy fuck is this?

12. nietsroob17

Singing the Bella song ... DANG

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020