1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

God bless Dolly Parton.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Holy crap. I just heard the Governor of Alabama speak for the first time in my life. She actually got elected? Sorry @Neutral Corner

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Like I said, the slot in her back for the ventriloquist's hand was pre-installed.

She was the Lt. Gov. and was promoted when Bentley was forced out. Ran for Governor as an incumbent and the State GOP choice. Refused to debate during the primary. Refused to debate during the election. There are more than enough straight ticket votes to elect the Republican who wins the primary. It was sad, too, because the Dem she beat was Tuscaloosa Mayor Walt Maddox. He ran the show when Tuscaloosa caught the F5 tornado and by all accounts did extremely well. Put it this way - he's a Democrat and a former UAB QB, and he keeps getting re-elected in Tuscaloosa. Early on in the stay home order he decreed that the city was suspending collection of fines for various small offenses so that the people could keep their money in their pockets. Smart guy, I really hope he wins someday soon.

By the way, former speaker of the Alabama House, Mike Hubbard, was convicted in July of 2016 on 12 of 25 various ethics charges and sentenced to four years in prison and $200k in fines. His case is on appeal and he has been out on bail ever since.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Deskgrunt50 and OscarMadison like this.
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If you want to feel a tiny bit better, watch “Contagion “; boy does that hit home like a Tyson uppercut. But at least this is very different. Thousands were dying by day 8. But the same apparatus was tested and unfortunately, the fictionalized US had a competent President and administration. Today’s.......

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The National Guard does not issue orders based on rumors of what somebody heard on teevee the president might do.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I expect to see people in uniform doing all sorts of logistic stuff very soon. There will even be a few Army uniforms, but they'll be supply and logistics experts seconded to the National Guard. Stomp on any rumors of martial law, that sort of nonsense.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, my wife got it from one of her relatives, who I suspect is a Trumpist (don’t know them that well). My wife was all frantic. I looked it up and in 30 seconds, found out it was fake. My wife was, like, how’d you find out so fast?

She ended up calling her relative, who said she got it from one of her relatives who’s in the military. I told my wife not to believe every single thing you see on the Internet.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Tragically, the president will issue orders based on rumors that somebody on teevee said he should do.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

good luck, Georgia

Draft saved Draft deleted