1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Still works best in the elevator.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Try being in the middle of it and get back to me.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

ignore him

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Patriots cult like FATUS cult. "Kraft's on the wrong side of history, but look at all the good he does!" (Link to virus donation intentionally omitted.)

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Mostly because of his late wife's family, Kraft was heavily into Mass. philanthropy well before he bought the Pats.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

JR's niece is a nurse and as they only have one mask per shift she now goes the whole shift without eating or drinking to keep the mask secure.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Outing alert: @Driftwood is Jimmy Cagney.

Driftwood likes this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Liking by not liking this.

HC, Neutral Corner and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Our kid finished a Zoom meeting with her teacher and about 10 or so classmates about an hour ago. She's been a trooper through all this. But she was especially happy and excited as each of her classmates appeared on screen. About 10 minutes after it ended, I went back to her room to see how it went and she was crying. She said seeing her friends on the screen, but not in person had made her really sad and that she just wanted to go to school again "like when everything was normal."

Y'all, I'm pretty damn wrecked right now because of that.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not as personal, Inky, but I went in last night to a place to grab Thai takeout and I asked the ladies working there how things were going. One of them just said, "This is terrible. I miss our customers. I miss our regulars. I miss people. God, I just hope everyone is safe and OK." Kind of got to me a little bit. Because I feel the same way.

misterbc, BrownScribe and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I did my first Zoom class with my kids on Tuesday, and it was great to see them. I had to go to school yesterday for the first time since this started to make physical copies of stuff for students without internet access. I just hung out in my room for about an hour to be in my normal midweek surroundings.

Draft saved Draft deleted