1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, deer season is over. But spring turkey season is right around the corner!

I agree with you. That's why I'm mapping out a way to keep up my running habit on our lot without even touching the street.

But it's not just Arkansas, they did a license plate survey yesterday at the most popular spots along the Buffalo River. Sixty percent of the cars were from out of state.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Who (I started to say in their right mind, but I think that's right out) would decide to travel now? "Honey, the kids are out of school, let's take that trip we talked about"?

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Oh, it’s doable: You just have to stay at least 14 days in quarantine at each stop.

4. Neutral Corner

Yeah, I'm sure they're doing that.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

“Let me show you the pictures of 23 hotel rooms we were stuck in during our year-long vacation.”

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've not seen the state-by-state breakdown, but I'd wager most were from Missouri and Oklahoma. Short hops to the Buffalo.

You might also have some UA students from out of state (there are a whole damn bunch from DFW in Fayetteville) still driving cars tagged back home. Regardless, it caused Asa! (his campaign signs all look like that) to ask the Department of Interior to shut it down.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That is such a horseshit headline on an otherwise interesting story. "Military warned years ago of medical supply shortages" is so much more accurate than "Knew That The Coronavirus Was Coming"

Only person I came close to was the chiropractor. Bank person was behind plexiglass. Grocery cashier was behind plexiglass (even the credit card machine was under wraps other than the slit for placing your card). Oil change was a stay-in-your-car place.

Of course, I'm THISCLOSE to scouring craigslist for a hair stylist offering services from their home. :(

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am taking a one day trip to the Cape Saturday to retrieve my golf clubs from the Cape club where I winter them (can play on some days). They'll leave 'em out front in the travel bag and I'll pick 'em up at the front door of the shop. No human contact. They'll put the clubs out when I call them that I'm right near the club. Nowhere to play, but at least I can go out in the back yard and swing on nice days.

qtlaw likes this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

@Moderator1 Congrats. I know a beach she's gonna love.

Moderator1 likes this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

So, the weekend of March 14-15, I messed up my arm playing catch with my 11-year old as I jumped to catch an errant throw and I did something to my shoulder/upper arm. It hasn’t healed as quickly as I would have liked but I figured I’m not going to the doctor unless I absolutely need it. Then, over the weekend, as we were watching TV, for some reason Mrs. W tickled the same arm when I wasn’t paying attention and it crashed into our glass table in the family room. At this point, my arm is killing me in about 4 places but I’m still not braving the urgent care and my regular doctor is closed. The new normal.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You ought to be able to see an orthopedist if you do urgent care. Improperly and unhealed injuries are a time bomb in your body. Wear a mask.

Draft saved Draft deleted