1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger King ... holy eff

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twirling Time, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Our daughter called from Brooklyn, where she’s holed up, to ask my wife and me if we knew him as a kid. I went out to the barn to find my ‘78 Garden City High School yearbook, figuring that he might be in there because he’s about three years younger than me. No picture there. By the time I walked back into the house, our daughter had said that Joseph Allen Schreibvogel moved from Garden when he was 13. Schreibvogel is a fairly common name in that area.

Because I now live in Oklahoma and used to work for a paper that covered the state, I’ve had more than my fill of Joe Exotic tales, so I don’t have much desire to watch the series. But, who knows, I seem to have a lot of time on my hands and nowhere to go.

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

His family moved to Wyoming for a bit and knowing people from the area it showed up on social media this weekend that he went to Laramie High School at least for a while.

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Class of 86 here. I know other members of the family but not him.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

If we can have Halloween celebrations this year, expect a lot of Joe Exotic costumes.

RonClements likes this.
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

People are beginning to discover Joe Exotic’s YouTube stash. And by people I mean me. A whole second level of Holy Fuck.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You're right about the woman who lost her arm. I had forgotten about her.
    Her desire to return ASAP to that place speaks to the bizarre allure of that world. It also explains why people are willing to work for next to nothing with nearly no time off.

7. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

The Wal-Mart gun department clerk-turned-campaign manager-turned **spoiler** witnesser was a decent, thoughtful guy.

RonClements likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The guy with no legs was cool.

RonClements likes this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Fuck the bitch Carol Baskin.

That is all.

wicked likes this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

This reads like a tweet from The Iron Sheik I love it.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Wife and I just finished it. I didn't think there was much else to convince me Idiocracy was real but ... damn.

Also, odds Old Tony has seen this? Gay Oklahoma Libertarian who tried to off a hippie ... I'm at 50-50

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

"After show" episode now up, which consists of Joel McHale doing interviews with some of the participants. As you'd expect with him, it's partly legit, and partly him taking the piss out of people. Worth checking out if you're looking for something to watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted