1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

South Alabama is going to get badly mauled. 3/4 of the rural hospitals have closed.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It has been the nature of plagues throughout human history that the poor suffer most. Good luck, states of the old Confederacy, our poorest.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What if it hits Christians especially hard? How will you contain yourself? Has there been a run on Depends in your area?

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Hardly. It would be fine with me if it went away right now. That's the only sane response.
    I have nothing against Christians in general. I have a problem with Trumpist Pseudo Christians, those who believe a bigoted, selfish despot has been sent by God to punish all those who don't agree with him. Those alleged Christians are a threat to us all.
    Remember that your boy in the White House downplayed this thing. He lied to millions of Americans because he feared that the truth would hurt him politically. More recently, he has consciously withheld life-saving supplies from certain places because he suspects -- correctly -- that their political leaders disapprove of him and his policies.
    Yesterday, during what was supposed to be a press conference to inform the American people, he trots out Pillow Boy to pontificate about the Glory of Donald Trump.
    This is your guy. And he is amoral.
    I have a problem with politicians who cloak themselves in righteousness and claim theirs is the only party that cares about life in one minute and then shame the elderly the next, claiming those old enough to be victimized by this virus in large numbers should simply agree to die in the name of saving the economy. I dislike that hypocrisy.
    Trump's power flows disproportionately from a segment of self-styled Christians who bear a false cross, one built on the willful ignorance of traditionally recognized Christian precepts such as embrace of immigrants. When called on their hypocrisy, they wail and gnash teeth, alleging a "War on Christians."

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This is like one of those dreams in which you try to wake up but can't.

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The WH is now saying 100k to 250k dead. The campaign to convince us it was nothing and would blow over failed miserably, so now they're padding the "expect the worst" numbers. They're figuring to hit the under and take credit for doing such a wonderful job.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Taking the over.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. It really is difficult for most of us to play at a level that low.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Comedy gold, that POTUS.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

But nobody saw it coming

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've been catching up on podcasts and it's so painful to hear someone say in something recorded many months ago that "at least we've been spared a national or international crisis" while Trump is President.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.