1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

By the end of the week, it'll be a thousand a day, minimum. Yesterday, Massachusetts had 56 deaths. Today, after the belated discovery of a home for old and poor veterans in the poor town of Holyoke basically getting wiped out, we have 89. It's places like that, and the many Holyokes around the country, that're gonna be the drivers of the death toll.

Roscablo and maumann like this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

But don't you have a great deal of CONTROL over your susceptibility to acquiring the virus? You can choose who visits you and who doesn't. You can choose to stay away from any gathering of people. You can choose to have things delivered or to order takeout.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Russia, saving American lives since 1780, when Catherine the Great told King George III to fuck off when he asked for her help to beat those traitor colonists.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

It's been more than two weeks since I've had physical contact with anyone other than my wife. I shook hands with a friend in a parking lot.
    I live next to my elderly parents and interact with them multiple times a day, but I haven't touched either one of them.

When I've been to a store, I don't touch the buggy handle. I grab some random part of the frame I figure most folks wouldn't hold onto.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Chugging the milk of magamnesia

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Got into it with one guy who insisted that Andrew Cuomo was withholding stockpiled ventilators and effective medication. He provided links of Cuomo saying it in his own words.

I still told him he was wrong.

I sent him this link, but it I'm sure it doesn't pass the smell test.

Were Ventilators Found 'Stashed' in a Warehouse in New York?

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Well don't I feel like a horse's ass. I knew what you meant by it but I wanted to give you a hard time of course not knowing all off that. Good for her for making that much progress!

11. Neutral Corner

Aw, no worries. I knew you were just playing around. So was I when I started writing and then I got... confessional is too strong. TMI? I dunno, I get chatty sometimes.

Nothing there that's not true or that she'd be pissed for me saying. NP.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

When it hits 10,000 like the flu and the numbers are continuing to soar, that's when Doofus T. Public will figure out that he's in deep shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted