1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Lisa and Oliver are still not social distancing!

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But the MyPillow guy ... [/bluefont]

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Why, I could have sworn I heard a guy with a radio show in Nashville tell us two weeks ago that we'd hit the peak by March 29. And that meant we'd be about to have sports again. So confused.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

My dad wasn't born until 1943 and he told me the same thing. You know what, the sonovagun was right!

5. tapintoamerica

Johnson is remarkable. He's a whacko in a swing state. You expect this nonsense from SEC Senators or from people in stupid districts like Louie Gohmert. But Wisconsin?

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Spasibo, comrade.

7. tapintoamerica

Baseball season is slip sliding away.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sigh. I don't have words. Well, I do, but I try to limit my spewing of obscenity here. This basically rates an obscenity followed by a blasphemy and an expletive or two.

"Hey, let's party on the sand BAR. Get it? Hurr hurr hurr."

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My daughter's teachers have been great about communicating. They started distance learning just a few days after the order to close the schools. Think about average class sizes. A teacher at my daughter's school would have five or six classes with 25-to-30 students in each. So if they have 125 students, which would be the low end of that, can you imagine trying to work with so many when they aren't actually in the classroom? Now factor in that many of them have children of their own to deal with as well. I've got two friends who are teachers and one who is a guidance counselor and they all have at least two small children (under 10 years old). Ouch.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Let's take the low amount of cases per their numbers (38,000,000) and high amount of deaths (62,000) and say those numbers are 100% correct.

That comes out to a death rate of o.16 percent.

The current death rate of COVID-19 per John Hopkins' current stats (184,183 cases, 3,721 deaths) is 2 percent.

Apple, meet orange.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Alice and I were thinking last night about what schools here would have done in this situation when our kids were elementary school age. No Internet (well, not in common use). The only remote instruction possible would've been packets sent through the mail. Kids would not have seen their teachers' faces for months. Made me feel better about wasting time online.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Such courage.

“I have numbers,” says the president about the expected death toll, “but I’d rather have [Fauci or Birx] say them”

Draft saved Draft deleted