1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

True. But if elderly folks do have family members in proximity, it is important for those younger family members to be emphatic. Be a jerk. Take keys away. “Steal” the car.
    I told my mom that if she ever drove to see me again (3.5 hr drive) I would simply leave. That got her attention. She took the train to visit thereafter.

Driftwood likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

A friend of mine was freaking out because he had a fever last night but didn't have any Tylenol and didn't want to go out to get any because ... well, he had a fever. So I stopped by 7-11 to grab him some and dropped it on his front porch. Said the fever was gone this morning, but still ... kind of scary to be in that situation for him.

lakefront and OscarMadison like this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The fact that the main symptoms of coronavirus are also symptoms of many many other less risky ailments is one of the most anxiety-producing elements of this crisis. I have to keep reminding myself each morning, "you're old and played football. That's why your knees ache, not a virus."

Batman and sgreenwell like this.
  7. RecoveringDesker

RecoveringDesker Active Member

Y'all sure love to scare the shit out of each other, don't you?

poindexter likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Have you been paying attention to current events? (Bill Paxton Aliens). We are getting our asses kicked out there across the globe.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Some of us know people who have this. Nothing about it is 'perfect'.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The Doctor Who Helped Defeat Smallpox Explains What's Coming

Tests would make a measurable difference. We should be doing a stochastic process random probability sample of the country to find out where the hell the virus really is. Because we don't know. Maybe Mississippi is reporting no cases because it's not looking. How would they know? Zimbabwe reports zero cases because they don't have testing capability, not because they don't have the virus. We need something that looks like a home pregnancy test, that you can do at home.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

worth repeating here that Trump is gonna get a lot of people killed?

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. RecoveringDesker

RecoveringDesker Active Member

I do pay attention. I just don’t freak the fuck out like a lot of people do.

Draft saved Draft deleted