1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Newsom just issued a shelter in place for whole state apparently.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

He said he projected more than half of California could get the virus if nothing is done.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Just saw that.

We're not there yet. If we're there, I'll adhere to it. Until we are, I'm going to still go out and bike and hike with the right protocol in mind. (Bars, yeah, we're done for a minute, but I'm ordering your takeout to help keep you afloat)

lakefront likes this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The stay at home order exactly allows biking and hiking

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I watched LA mayor Garcetti, a woman from the LA county board of supervisors, and Governor Newsome.
    They were incredibly polished. Spoke for a total of a half hour and were incredibly succinct and well spoken. Stunningly so, compared to DC.

And i am not going to go red/blue here.

But i will say these people are YOUNGER. Much younger.
    Trump/Bernie/Biden/Pelosi are way too old.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know what will ultimately cause more problems in America- Covid-19 or the Covid 20 every American will likely pack on before this is over. I was five up after a week (and I've been hitting the gym every day).

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm actually seeing a lot more people out exercising. Granted, the past few days have been beautiful and everyone's probably sick of being stuck at home all day, but I think it could lead to a lot of folks getting a bit fitter and healthier. At least for a while. Six weeks in, who knows?

lakefront and OscarMadison like this.
  8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Damn, I know her, too!

[​IMG]

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You'll lose those newly gained pounds in a week or two. If anything, I'd think an economic meltdown would cause people to lose weight. But unlike the Trumpists on TV and Twitter who appoint themselves as experts in everything, I'm not about to proclaim certainty.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There's a limit to how long they can stall before a bunch of Texans show up in Austin with shotguns and pitchforks. You can't leave people to stew in fear of their lives all that long, not with the net to inform them.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted