1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The field narrows: The Post Super Tuesday presidential poll and discussion

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Mar 7, 2020.

?

Who would be your pick for president?

1. Joe Biden

58 vote(s)
    74.4%
  2. Bernie Sanders

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Donald Trump

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. Other

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And that was after he referred to the Eucharist as "my little cracker."

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Washington was a huge Bernie state in 2016 and is a toss up with 2/3 of the votes in. Due to the vote by mail, lots have already voted before Super Tuesday so 35% of the votes counted so far didn't go to Bernie or Biden. Of that, Mike, Pete and Amy take 20% and at least 95% of those votes would have gone to Joe. Figure even if Warren (12%) skewed 2/3 to Bernie (and that is very generous to him), Biden still wins by 20 points head to head.

He is going to get curb stomped in Florida and doesn’t have any great states coming up. This is over and it is basically only when Bernie decides to give up the fight.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

That’s why people who automatically assumed Warren voters would go to Bernie were wrong
    NOBODY got trashed worse by the Sandernistas than Warren

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

AOC already pivoting. (Which is smart.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...8e5594-6245-11ea-b3fc-7841686c5c57_story.html

“When things start falling short, I don’t think seeking out who to blame, instead of identifying how to adapt, is the smart thing to do. I think we have to identify, ‘Okay, how do we bring in people?’ It’s like when I ran in my primary, I didn’t win only with supporters of Senator Sanders. We built a broad coalition on the same principles.”

I've respected AOC for sticking with Sanders instead of doing the politically cheap thing and sidling up to Warren months ago out of identity politics solidarity. It's a piece of the tale that Warren - and her media cheering section - has pretty rigorously ignored in final days/aftermath of her campaign.

But she's going to get a small reckoning, soon, and perhaps from Warren herself.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I had an 18-year-old telling me this week how 2024 was going to be AOC's year for the presidency.
    I'd say that's a little speculative to say the least.

6. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I was going to be a Warren voter who shifted to Biden in NC after SC's primary. My wife was, and did, the same.
    I know of at least four others in our friends group in NC who did the same. Granted, insanely small sample size, of course, but I don't think our little group is unique.

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

This is sexist garbage.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Tulsi was a 55 year old male, she'd have been howled off the national stage years ago. The only reason anybody at all pays her any attention whatsoever (most emphatically Fatfuck Dumpf) is that she's a surf bunny who looks pretty good in a wetsuit. She needs to get fucking lost.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Ya seen her up close? Um, I don't see the attraction.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She's relatively good looking among presidential candidates. Although I don't think Klobuchar or Warren have been particularly trying to sell themselves as sex bombs.

And remember, Sarah Palin was semi decent looking in 2008, but has hit the wall hard hard hard in the years since.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

How dare you! She's a veteran!

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yeah, a veteran of acne, just like me.

Draft saved Draft deleted