1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pre-Super Tuesday Presidential poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Feb 26, 2020.

?

Who is your pick for the 2020 Presidential election?

1. Joe Biden

29 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. Michael Bloomberg

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. Pete Buttigieg

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Amy Klobuchar

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Bernie Sanders

8 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Tom Steyer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Donald Trump

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. Elizabeth Warren

23 vote(s)
    26.1%
  9. Other

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Careful - Virginia is an open primary. Anyone can vote tonight. Could be a lot of Republicans or right-leaning independents voting, too.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Trump called for that in South Carolina and it didn't seem to happen. And drawing right-leaning independents would a good thing for Biden in the general.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'm deeply concerned. And troubled. But I'm sure Susan Collins has learned her lesson.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Time to shave the head, Nate Silver

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

When this thing goes to the convention, something people to seriously look at:
    When November rolls around, it will come down to states and electoral votes, not delegates. Everybody is chirping about Bernie winning Texas and California. Between the two, Biden seems to be the preference in more states. California will be blue no matter who.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm all about Sanders' politics, and in a normal year, I'd be in his corner as I favor voting ideologically over pure pragmatism, but I'm self-aware enough to know that my politics don't translate to everyone. And to act otherwise is obstinate. Which, sadly, too many Sanders supporters are.

I'm a full-on pragmatic voter in 2020. I am behind whomever can flip the states Trump won in 2016. So if it's Biden? Fucking A. Go Biden.

The Trump nightmare has to end, that is the one and only priority in this election, and I don't think Sanders can do it, whether I agree with his positions or not.

Seems a lot of voters are in my corner on this. I'm kind of relieved about that, to be honest.

Gutter, Cosmo, garrow and 8 others like this.
  11. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

I've said before that I've been in Warren's camp most of the primary.

I have no issues with voting for Biden in the general election. He's not as progressive as I want, but I can live with that if it means getting Trump out.

garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Warren is my top choice. But it's clear now she never really had a chance, for myriad reasons. I'm perfectly OK going forward with Joe. And I think he'll help downballot in a lot of the purple-ish House races the Democrats won in 2018.

Cosmo, garrow and OscarMadison like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.