1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Movie Sequel Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Jessica Alba did the same in whatever ocean movie she was in, didn't make that a good movie.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I think the clear winner is Caddyshack II -- it has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Dan Aykroyd went out of his way (with the horrible voice) to be as annoying as possible as the Murray knockoff and Jackie Mason was a horrible imitation of Dangerfield (assuming that's what they were going for).

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Whole Ten Yards.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Out of the Blue

5. CD Boogie

Speaking of Akroyd, has any comedian gone from the penthouse to the outhouse to such as extent as him? He just stopped being funny. Granted, he still has the consolation of Donna Dixon

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

No politics!

melock and Liut like this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Depends. Starting when?

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That's it. I kept thinking Into the Blue, but that is something else. I wasn't at a spot where I could justify looking that up. Great visuals, bad movie.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Caddyshack II got four Razzie nominations- it won two.
    Nominated for Worst Picture and Worst Actor (Jackie Mason), and won for Worst Supporting Actor (Aykroyd) and Worst Original Song ("Jack Fresh").
    It also won Worst Picture at the 1988 Stinkers Bad Movie Awards.

10. CD Boogie

I don’t know, with Buster Keaton? ;)

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

lol no, starting with which movie?

Aykroyd was excellent in Trading Places. Did he start stinking after that or was it a few movies beyond that?

12. CD Boogie

A ways after that. That was before Ghostbusters. He was fine in The Great Outdoors, but Coneheads, ugh.

He just became more likable and less funny, like in Sneakers. Nothing particularly wrong with that. He even had a good small role in Grosse Point Blank.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted