1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

They don't have party primaries in Alabama?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This is one helluva thread. I now have something perfect to link for trollish Bernie Boys when they ding me on Twitter.

HanSenSE and Smallpotatoes like this.
  3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I hate all of them. They make the Baby Darwin cry and I wish I could write in the possum family who lives in my backyard with a clear conscience. I'll hold my nose and vote Blue because that's what I've always done. Politicians are the hominid evolutionary analog to nipples on men.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have linked Patrick Skinner here before. Former CIA field operative who came back to his home town and became a street cop. He's a good follow on twitter, smart, common sense, generous of spirit, and with a refreshing attitude toward how cops on the street should approach law enforcement. Here's an example.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

There is no hope (or cure) for this level of stupid ...

Trump suggests using flu vaccine on coronavirus at meeting with medical experts

However, the president appeared to not understand basic information about how a vaccine is tested or produced and had to be repeatedly corrected by public health officials.

When Leonard Schleifer, the CEO of biotechnology company Regeneron, noted that millions of people are vaccinated for the flu, Mr Trump interrupted and asked if the same vaccine could be used for coronavirus.

“You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that would have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?” he said.

“No… probably none,” Mr Schleifer replied.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

That Bad Religion never used this string of words is amazing to me

Iron_chet, garrow, TigerVols and 2 others like this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

To be fair, I'd look disturbingly weird if I had no nipples. Well, more than usual.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

OK Trump is an idiot and is wrong about what the flu vaccine would do.

However, the flu vaccine does help with the spread of coronavirus but not in the way Trump apparently thinks it does.

(my source is: I am in the risk management business and talk to smart people about coronavirus several times a week)

Here is how the flu vaccine helps:

When there are disease outbreaks, you want to stay away from places where the disease is likely to be. Hospitals is the number one place to avoid. People with coronavirus are more likely to be found in hospitals so you want to avoid going to hospitals. When there was a SARS outbreak in Toronto a few years ago, almost all the infected could be traced back to being at a hospital in Toronto.

So avoid hospitals if possible during a disease outbreak. Flu shots help prevent you from getting the flu so you will be less likely to get sick and less likely to need to seek medical treatment. If you aren't getting medical treatment, you are less likely to be in doctor's offices or hospitals, thus limiting your exposure to coronavirus.

Communities with higher flu shot usage will also have lower infections of coronavirus -- not because the flu shot stops corona but because not going to hospitals slows the spread of corona.

Telemedicine is another good way to limit your risk. If you need to see the doctor and telemedicine is a viable option, use it. You don't want a coronavirus person infecting you in the waiting rooms.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Simply reinforcing MileHigh's point that any Democrat with a pulse would win that seat.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Fascinating.

Except her slogan is "Lead With Love."

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.