1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pre-Super Tuesday Presidential poll

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Feb 26, 2020.

?

Who is your pick for the 2020 Presidential election?

1. Joe Biden

29 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. Michael Bloomberg

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. Pete Buttigieg

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Amy Klobuchar

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Bernie Sanders

8 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Tom Steyer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Donald Trump

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. Elizabeth Warren

23 vote(s)
    26.1%
  9. Other

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What's not being discussed is "lame duck Trump" SHOULD he lose and the chaos he could wreak on the country and world ... let alone he might contest any loss, even big, and find a way to have it end up before SCOTUS. Not sure folks understand the severity of the situation. You think he's going to accept any loss? He thinks he's Putin. He thinks he's Jong-un. He thinks he's Erdogan. He thinks he's the greatest dictator the world has ever known. You think he's going to accept a 1-term presidency? Please.

HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I voted early for Warren today. She ain't gonna win, but she'd be the best President of the bunch. In 10-15 years, maybe Pete would be.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I voted early for Biden because I think he has the best chance to beat Trump.
    Of those remaining, I'd rather Klobachar/Mayor Pete/Warren actually be POTUS.
    As previously noted, come November, it's Blue No Matter Who.
    I liked Beto from the start. I think Gavin Newsom missed an opportunity. I don't know if either would have been a good POTUS, but young, good looking guys are electable, and that's really the only thing that matters in 2020.

If someone actually does beat Trump on Nov. 3 and he contests the results, which he 1000% totally will, I do have a dread of actual violence in the streets of the United States.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Baring unforeseen circumstances, will vote for President Trump. Let the cascade of ridicule begin in 3-2-1 ...

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't think Harris was a good candidate at all. Terrible, actually. I honestly think she's a kind of a fit for senator, maybe AG.

I have a lot of thoughts on Warren, a candidate I like on some level, that I think I'll try to share once she's done. One thing I think I know is that Warren sees the worst in almost everyone, it's her tendency, and it's not, for example, Biden or Buttigieg's tendency.

Liut likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

You probably overestimate how much people care what you think.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Wow. Your choice and your business. I don't understand it, but that's ok.

Really not sure who will get my vote. Still watching and listening. I lean Warren then Pete, but if they can't get to 20% or better they're out. I vote on Super Tuesday.

The only thing I'm certain of is that I will vote against Trump.

Liut likes this.
  8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Will vote for President Trump. Let the cascade of criticism begin in 3-2-1
    And there we go .........

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Ridiculous!

Putin actually gets the most votes in his elections and doesn't have to depend on the swing oblasts to go his way.

Songbird likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Meh. That's hardly ridicule.

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

And what about every one else?

12. Deskgrunt50

You sound like someone who walks into a bar demanding a fight and everyone just keeps going about their business.

Fred siegle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.