1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

garrow and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's not an echo chamber thing. Everyone has personal politics. If we made people declare before they served on a jury that they're R or D, then that would be the true echo chamber. Should Stone have gotten an all Republican jury because any Democrat was going to convict him? Or do we trust our citizens to do the right thing when it comes to jury duty? If not, why the fuck even bother anymore?

Neutral Corner and Smallpotatoes like this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There’s a difference between an unflushed turd and a cesspit. The fact that both stink of shit isn’t lost on anyone. The fact that someone is unable to distinguish between the two points more to the failure of one’s olfactory organs, than the density of the odor.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Coupled for wagering purposes with the number of football announces who call him "Ben" instead of "Roethlisberger" on second reference.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner, garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

This.

Alma's defense feels a lot like, "Look - in these polarizing times, only Republicans can properly serve on juries for Republicans."

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Can the Times countersue? I don't mean for damages or their lawyer fees, because the deadbeat won't pay up on the judgment anyhow. But can they countersue him for being a douche?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

With Curtis LeMay as Wallace's running mate, Americans in 46 states decided against "winning" a nuclear war with the Soviet Union.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Just think how smart I'd have turned out had I been as well-bred and -raised as you!

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

They made the right choice.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Maybe the reason I don't get so bent out of shape about Trump is I know we don't have any certifiable nuts like LeMay wielding power in Washington these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.