1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

The media needs to say out loud, often, that the actual potus regularly harasses individual, civilian Anericans.

Smallpotatoes and garrow like this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Oh they are?

What kind of policy decisions are they making? Are they designating and executing federal funds? Crafting regulations? What's the extent of the power held by these "leaders"?

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The media can also say out loud that this person never, ever ever, ever ever ever, should have been on Roger Stone’s jury. A 9-year-old could have convicted Stone. But no. It had to a be a person with active, public bias who also didn’t recuse herself when it was clear she couldn’t be impartial.

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

In what way did she behave impartially?

lakefront likes this.
  6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

So why didn’t Stone’s attorneys check all this and reject her during jury selection?
    That’s on them

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Gosh, if only Stone's lawyers had a method of ... I don't know ... striking jurors from the pool before the trial!

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Jurors cannot recuse themselves. If they could, no jury could ever be empaneled.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Anti-Trump Facebook posts

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If you’re not careful, you might be accused of rendering Greta Thunberg a mere prop for the green energy lobby.

As for AOC, I mean, she has a lot of power. Yeah.

Dafuq I care about some 23 year old in a personnel office.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Sigh. You eliminate yourself through disclosure of your bias. I think running for political office and writing publicly on political issues - including during the trial - is sufficient grounds.

Stone’s guilty. That’s easy. The jury was tainted by a person who shouldn’t have been on there. That’s easy too.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It is on them. It’s on her too. I know we live in morally relativistic times and heaven forbid we ask anyone to have a little integrity - we’d rather fault someone else for not having clever enough strategy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.