1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Baby's still not eating like a man.

Tweener likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

FFS. Pro-tip. If your tweet involves Louise Mensch, ask yourself if it's likely to be credible.

FileNotFound likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Quote is from a Connecticut paper writing about a Ct. Congressional candidate. I don't know a thing about the credibility of this source, but I didn't read anything that appeared to be slant or spin here.

"Washington – The House Foreign Affairs Committee has rebuked Connecticut congressional candidate Robert Hyde for failing to fully cooperate with an investigation into the possible surveillance of former U.S. Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch.

Emails between Hyde and the committee obtained by NBC News indicate Hyde failed to give the committee all the information that he promised, failed to turn over his devices and failed to give the committee the identity of an attorney Hyde said he had hired.

One email from the committee to Hyde said it was “dismayed to read yesterday that you have made statements to the media which greatly exaggerate the extent of your cooperation with this investigation.”

Hyde had told The Daily Beast he’d turned over “everything that I had between Parnas and I.”

Hyde was catapulted into the narrative surrounding President Donald Trump’s impeachment after Congress released WhatsApp messages between the congressional candidate, who made his living as a landscaper, and Lev Parnas, an associate of former Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani.

In those messages, Hyde referenced the surveillance of Yovanovitch."

Does that lede not confirm the headline? I don't care if the person who posts it @'s Mensch, Limbaugh, or Trump, the story appears factual. Do you have another credible source which contradicts it? What makes you think that Hyde is cooperating with the investigation? Do you have a source who is praising him for his forthcoming testimony and commitment to the truth?

I saw the @Mensch and thought about not posting it... but she didn't write it, so I let it fly. If I had seen the referenced NBC story first I would have linked that, which said the same thing, large parts of it were directly quoted.

House struggles to get Hyde records on supposed Yovanovitch surveillance

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

'Johnny, where the hell are you from, anyway?"

"The Upper Vest Side."

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Has nothing to do with "brown" people. People hear an accent, they want to know where it's from. Lots of pasty white Europeans have accents, too, and get asked such things.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hey, has anybody checked Doc H's 401(k) lately?

HanSenSE and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I think he got the hammer.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

LOL dummy, he's buying the dips!

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Not yesterday's dips.
    Today's dips.
    Because if you bought yesterday's dips, you are down another 3%.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Little by little, the Truth They Dare Not Speak leaks out.

Trump's latest judicial nominee wants to abolish Social Security

Come Mid-November, they'll be able to talk about it in public. And yes, it does matter what a judicial appointee thinks of Social Security. When Fatfuck pulls the trigger and abolishes the program, that'll kick off a hurricane of lawsuits. Fatboy wants more friendly faces in the court system to handle them.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.