1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This is where his America-first view could come back to bite us in the ass - again. His argument seems to be that if it's not happening in America, it's not happening. Uh, it is. And as has been suggested elsewhere, look at what happened with ebola. We threw a lot of resources at that and were able to help contain that strain to Africa. But, oh yeah, Obama was president then.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

he had a vested interest in what was happening back home in kenya and he didn't even make them pay for it

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

We were dog sitting for friends who just spent 10 days in Thailand and 4 days in Hong Kong. They said Hong Kong airport was eerily empty and they felt like they were the only ones at the hotel for the 4 days. Upgraded everywhere.

Never thought of the advantages of travelling during a pandemic. Hopefully our house doesn’t have Corona virus!

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You owe it to your loved ones to read all of this:

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You really have no ounce of consideration for anyone who isn't Russian, huh?

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It is sad that the United States cannot be counted on to be a world leader in this situation, considering the ineptitude of this administration.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

During lunch, I ran over to Walgreen's to pick up some OTC allergy medicine. While there I wandered over to where they've got the medical masks and gloves. The masks were sold out. The manager walked by and I asked her about it. She said they've been told not to expect any for the foreseeable future.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I was at Walgreen's last evening to pick up a prescription and a woman waiting for one of hers to be filled was wearing a surgical mask. I guess she figured a pharmacy would be full of sick people. In truth, the older Chinese couples in our neighborhood, of which there are two or three, routinely wear medical masks on their daily walks. Probably a habit stemming from home country pollution, not germs.

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Wondering if the HEPA mask I use for woodworking would be useful. Probably better than nothing.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dr. Nancy Messonnier of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases said Tuesday that at this point, community spread of the coronavirus in the U.S. is "not so much of a question of if" but rather "a question of when," The New York Times reports.

Messonnier also told Americans they should "prepare for the expectation that this might be bad," saying schools may need to use "internet-based teleschooling," business may need to use "video or telephone conferences and increase teleworking options," and communities might have to "modify, postpone or cancel mass gatherings," CNBC reports.

CDC warns Americans to prepare for coronavirus outbreak

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted