1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Email you don't want to see:

Ugh.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Be careful.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Deputy Homeland Security Secretary Ken Cuchinelli just posted a plea on Twitter asking if anyone could help him access the Johns Hopkins website relating to coronavirus. So things are totally under control on that front.

matt_garth and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My “German” car is made of something like 40 percent American parts and was assembled in Alabama. I think the engine and transmission are the only parts made in Germany.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's what they mean by "global supply chain." Excellent example.

bigpern23 likes this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In South Carolina, Mr. 0.0 is polling within the margin of error to Elizabeth Warren. I guess we'll see what happens.

At any rate, Pete's got a lot of dough raised. He's gonna spend it.

I do appreciate Warren's attack of Bloomberg. She's the Deadspin of this race. Sometimes, very useful.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A lot of foreign cars these days -- Toyota, Mercedes, Nissan, to name a few -- are more American than Chevy and Ford. Most of them have built brand new plants in the U.S. in the last 20 years or so.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Will all of her campaign workers quit, forcing her to run the same campaign ads until November even though she bombed out of the race in March?

Big Circus likes this.
  10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I'll "buy American" when the products meet the standards I require in my household. And very often those products do not.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And all of those parts are moving across all sorts of territory by all kinds of transport, all arriving on a "just in time" basis, keeping the factories humming.

Problem with that chain is what ensues if something breaks it. It's hard to build those BMWs if the engines and trannys don't make it over from Germany. If the guys who run the big container ports in China or California get sick with coronavirus and the chain breaks, the ripple effects are enormous.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

The best people ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.