1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Astros hit with 1-year suspensions for manager, GM, and heavy draft penalties UPDATE: Sox fire Cora

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Jan 13, 2020.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Verducci was just talking about Kershaw vs Houston in Game 5 of the World Series, and said Kershaw threw 51 breaking balls against the Astros and got zero swings and misses on them.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

And two games later, the Astros just happen to have the biggest "pitch tipping" discovery in the history of baseball.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

But, But Brian Fucking McCann

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I should go back and look at 2015 for when the Royals played them.

Houston was SO good at home that year and in the ALDS. Lots of homers and extra base hits. KC couldn’t ever seem to get Rasmus out.. whenever they played in Houston.

If not for Houston’s terrible bullpen and the Game 4 Ball Under Correa’s glove, they win the series and probably win it all that year.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

That's nuts.

7. heyabbott

If the Astros don’t cheat, the Yankees may have won the ALCS and Girardi doesn’t get fired even if they lost the WS.

Please let Bregman try and carry a bat past the batters box this year. Someone will break his knee cap with a fastball.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I’ve been astonished how many smart, level-headed players, managers and front office executives I’ve spoken with who still believe the Astros wore buzzers during the 2019 postseason. There are no facts supporting such a belief. All the facts are on the side of no buzzers: players testifying under immunity that it didn’t happen, no such evidence found in the investigation, strong denials by Correa, Springer and Altuve, etc.

Verducci is still drinking the Kool-Aid. "Strong denials" from these players carry no weight.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The Astros organization flat out lied in their original response to the Taubman incident. Once a liar, always a liar. It is in their DNA.

qtlaw and heyabbott like this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. heyabbott

“Marwin González parlayed his trash-can-assisted 2017 season into $21 million from the Twins and has never hit like that before or since. Two front office executives this week pointed out to me that the formerly free-swinging George Springer cut his strikeout rate from 26 percent to 19 percent since 2017...”

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Its like the unfaithful husband who marries the "other" woman and vows never to cheat again, then is questioned and he says "believe me, I didn't cheat [this time]", nope I'm not inclined to believe you based on past history.

wicked, 2muchcoffeeman and poindexter like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted