1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Got to love the morons at the State Department who put the Americans flying back from the infected cruise ship on the plane. CDC advised separate flights for the infected and those who were negative so far. Nope, State overruled them and put twelve infected on the same plane with all the rest. CDC went so far as to take their name off of the flight.

I can't imagine being a CDC guy on the scene and having to watch that.

5. TigerVols

It’s that kind of malfeasance that’s going to get Americans killed when COVID-19 gets a foothold here.

6. Neutral Corner

That and the standard American "You can't tell me what to do". There are a lot of Chinese under quarantine who are monitored for staying at home by their cell phone location. You think that works here, or do 20% of them leave their phones at home while they run to the grocery store when they need a few things?

7. Neutral Corner

8. TigerVols

Shit’s hitting the economic fan tomorrow worldwide and I bet it stays that way for months.

One pandemic expert I just read predicts within six months most office work in America will be by telecommute.

The lack of preparation is mind-boggling.

WE have never seen anything like this in more than a century.

9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

Speaking of prepping or not prepping, here's a "Don't want you to panic, but this is how I'm prepping" tweet thread. That "One-page beginner's guide" is well worth a look. Note that it includes latest hard news updated daily.

Talk about depressing, such notes from last Friday:

Key developments from Friday, February 21, 2020:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Lipsitch is far from alone in his belief that this virus will continue to spread widely. The emerging consensus among epidemiologists is that the most likely outcome of this outbreak is a new seasonal disease—a fifth “endemic” coronavirus. With the other four, people are not known to develop long-lasting immunity. If this one follows suit, and if the disease continues to be as severe as it is now, “cold and flu season” could become “cold and flu and COVID-19 season.”

You’re Likely to Get the Coronavirus

Draft saved Draft deleted