1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The other candidates are politicians who have done debates many times. Bloomberg has not. A few more and he’ll get better at the TV show they call a debate. None of them can do what he has done. The last 30 years have proven anyone can do their jobs.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Enough to make me happy. Not enough to find the judge over reached or was vindictive. Lower than the DOJ asked for.
    A pardon by trump is expected but the bullshit reason needs to change.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Any reason Trump gives for pardoning Stone will be a bullshit reason.

garrow and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

The moderators did a great job of pitting the Dems against each other, which was going to happen anyhow. Where were the (damn near any) questions regarding Trump, his policies, his behavior since he was acquitted?

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

6. Neutral Corner

When the time comes, I *will*make a pilgrimage to piss on Trump's grave. Or on the side of his bigly marble mausoleum with the gold trim. No one in my lifetime has done as much damage to my country.

Tweener likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

That's a very moderate sentence, which will make it look worse when Trump pardons Stone. I love how she ran down the list of charges and refuted the defense's claims of innocence first. She put it down in the record for all to see. She's been very good all across this circus trial. She did well with Manafort's as well. I truly appreciate her work, she straight arrowed it right down the line.

garrow, Webster and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. Neutral Corner

He was the Mayor of New York. That was far from the first time he's been in front of a camera.

I think that he underestimated what it would be like. He seems to me like the kind of guy who would hire good debate coaches (his media consultants have been money, and he seems very willing to pay extra for top notch help) but then not pay a great deal of attention because he thinks he's got it under control. I suspect that he'll be substantially better prepared come the next debate.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, see, he's against harsh sentences ... except for drug dealers (who should be executed) and Hillary Clinton (who should spend the rest of her life in prison).

10. Neutral Corner

He's against harsh sentences for people who do the sort of things he does.

garrow likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

If I were rich, like fuck off money rich, I'd buy Twitter and ban him. Bezos's money was misspent on the WAPO. Just buy Twitter and decide who can and can't use it.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Mitch McConnell is right there with him.

swingline, garrow and Neutral Corner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.