1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

These No Laying Up guys are blowing up.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Deservedly so. They're really good.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I mute the first 30 seconds because I can’t stand Hal Sutton but I usually listen to them and Mattie and the Caddie during the golf season. September through January is college football for me so I don’t pay attention as closely.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Need to listen to this on my walk today - I've listened to a few they've done and enjoyed them.

Is Sutton the one going BE THE RIGHT CLUB TODAY??

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That would be him. On 18 at The Players, I believe.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

Yes. and also this donkey.
    [​IMG]

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh heavens that was a mismatch. I was there. The Woods-Mickelson pairing had to be the worst idea by a captain in the history of the Ryder Cup.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

Him peacocking in that stupid hat while his team got its teeth kicked in may have been one of the more amusing things (for all of the wrong reasons) I've seen.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Another underrated slam was Kostis trashing Golf Digest magazine for not having any content of substance anymore. Go figure, that didn't make the GolfDigest.com podcast recap story.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

He's right. I have a subscription to GD and Golf magazine and if I find two articles a month worth reading between the two of them its a miracle.

playthrough likes this.
  11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I run an association golf magazine, and one of the reasons why we basically have cut instruction out of our magazine is that our members also receive Golf Digest and half of that rag is dedicated to instruction. It's overkill.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I have not watched this show, but choosing the right club is what really seperates these guys on the tee and fairway.

One of my favorite golf stories and I heard Jack say it in an interview, but his son was caddying for him in 86, and when the above shot was struck, his son says, "be right" or something like that.

Jack just replies, while in flight, "It is."

Draft saved Draft deleted