1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Because he's not dead ....
    How awesome would it have been for Newman if he had flipped across the line first and won the race?
    I was at The Winston in '92 when Davey did that to win.
    I was quite inebriated shouting, "He took the checkered flag, and now he's gonna win the f'ing helicopter race!"

maumann likes this.
  2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Always interesting to see the top 5 or 10 markets for an event. People in my town (Indy) were clearly starved to watch some racin', but that doesn't mean we'll go to the Brickyard this summer.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure anymore. I'd have liked that statement better if it had said he had movement in all extremities.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He went 1-for-2.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, that last one wasn't a good one to lose.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Since I had no idea who she was, Racing-Reference says she made two K&N Pro Late Model starts (and didn't qualify three other times), so "obscure" is probably a good description of her career as well. That's sort of close to getting a cup of coffee at short-season rookie league baseball level.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fox sucks and should die.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Unless they veer into wives, girlfriends and the Victory Lane models, that must have been a difficult assignment to pull that list together.

10. playthrough

Wouldn't it be inaccurate to call her a Nascar driver at all? If I'm the sanctioning body I'm not real happy about my brand being atop that story, considering this woman didn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

11. playthrough

Newman is awake, alert, walking around the hospital and his team shared a photo of him standing and smiling with his daughters. How about that.

Nascar will exhale and return to bump-drafting at 200 mph on superspeedways and calling it "racing."

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Short of not racing there, what is the solution to avoiding pack racing and big wrecks at Talladega and Daytona while also keeping cars from flying into the stands?
    Seems like they've tried a bunch of different things and nothing has really broken up those packs.

Draft saved Draft deleted