1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Helluva segment by Hardy tho. Heyman’s been doing a wonderful job booking that story.

Helluva promo by Charlotte as well

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Anybody who grew up in the South, or is a fan of wrestling the South will appreciate this gesture to history.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Omni logo as the O.

And I didn't even grow up in the South. I was a Dominique fan, however.

nietsroob17 likes this.
  4. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Are they running Phillips Arena?

rb

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Yes.

6. nietsroob17

7. nietsroob17

Great talk between Mark Henry and Keith Lee last night on FS1. Keith just oozes superstar potential.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. JimmyHoward33

I dont like the Velveteen wife face on tights thing. Mainly because Marina’s on the roster and she’s not involved with Roddy or the UE on screen. It requires too much suspension of disbelief. Like its a good thing they wrote Shayna out of NXT before this angle or I’d expect her to beat the shit out of the Dream. Its just kinda stupid.

9. nietsroob17

Also, bringing their little boy into it all -- who's supposed to be the heel in this? Who are we supposed to empathize with? Dream is pulling the classic Rick Rude schtick, and he was anything but a babyface.

I agree about Marina. With Shayna gone, Marina and Jessamyn Duke have nothing to do unless they come up too to remain Shayna's lackies. And with both being MMArtists, they could theoretically hold their own against Dream.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Started the night watching NXT, flipped a couple of times, stayed on AEW until the end. Helluva match with Omega/Page vs. Felix/Pentagon and Cody doing a moonsault off the top of a very tall steel cage.

Flipped back to NXT are the end, and I agree on It being weird with Dream wearing Strong’s family on his tights. Not just a Rick Rude vibe, but also a Samoa Joe going after A.J. Styles’ family vibe.

11. JimmyHoward33

it was a nice, sort of, shocking way to return and pay tribute to Rude. Hes done that with the Hogan outfit, etc. that was 3 weeks ago. Not sure why its become, like, the lynchpin of the angle?

wheres it end? If he gets a title shot does he paint Dr Baker on there?

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Mauro: “MAMMA MIA! VELVETREEN DREAM IS PAYING TRIBUTE TO SOME RANDOM DENTIST! SOMEWHERE, DR. ISAAC YANKEM IS CROOKEDLY SMILING!!!!”

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted