1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 college football coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jlee, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Plenty of smoke MSU is going to pony up $1M per year for Vince Marrow
    He’s Kentucky’s top assistant and a BFF of Tucker
    Kentucky has been getting a lot of the Ohio kids MSU used to get

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I read that MSU is going to give Tucker six million a year for assistants. There are about nine assistants on staff (I forgot the actual number). So there will be million-dollar assistants in East Lansing.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The offensive staff should have been left standing in the street three years ago. Dantonio was a welfare system for his friends.

7. Starman

It's just kinda amusing after it was apparently taken as a requirement that all HC candidates must have some kind of "Spartan family connection" (ie to Perles, Dantonio or Saban) and past practice that even in wholesale staff changes (esp. Daryl Rogers and John L. Smith), at least a couple guys were kept around for the transition.

Certainly for Tucker it makes sense. No familiar old shoulders to cry on if the new guy hurts your feelings.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Probably one of the "sticking points." I wonder how much the former assistants will be paid to keep their mouths shut. On top of the money to buy out Tucker, on top of the "retention bonus" paid to Dantonio and a lot of incoming assistants may have buyouts as well.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

A couple of assistants already have new jobs
    WR coach Terrance Samuel at UNLV and DL coach Ron Burton at Indiana

10. Starman

MSU is still in the process of negotiating settlements in some of the Larry Nassar cases. I'm sure the plaintiffs' lawyers are taking careful note of the veritable geyser of cash erupting in East Lansing.

11. Starman

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

or the school got in his ear and told him he had to retain a couple.

Draft saved Draft deleted