1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Pretty much. It's still a good film.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Just finished. LOL.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Watched the Soviet World War II film “Come And See” on TCM the other night.

Harrowing. Powerful. War as it really was with all of the unvarnished brutality.

Great, though amazingly depressing, film. It’s on-demand on TCM if you want to see it. Rarely shown on TV.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Watched Marriage Story last night on Netflix. Thought it was pretty well done. Adam Driver turns in a pretty damn good performance.

5. Severian

I'm interested. I thought Schindler's List was brutal, but this seems to take the cake.

6. Songbird

School Ties.

Don't ever fuck with a Jew.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

8. Songbird

The other night I started The Report with Adam Driver but fell asleep 10 minutes into it and haven't gone back to it.

Just randomly picked and watched Return to Me with Duchovny and Minnie Driver.

Duchovny's wife dies in a car wreck on the way home from a lavish fundraiser to build a refuge for a gorilla and Driver, who has heart disease and is close to death, gets the heart.

Duchovny and Driver meet, fall in love, split up when she finally tells him that she has his dead wife's heart ... she runs away to Rome ... he has a heart to heart with Archie Bunker then chases her down in Rome ... they hug and kiss ... a gorilla gets his new habitat at the zoo ... and Duchovny and Driver get married.

And Jim Belushi is in it saying and doing Jim Belushi things.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  9. Severian

You should try again. It's a great film.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Made it a Robin Williams marathon and watched Mrs Doubtfire and Dead Poets Society. Williams was really a terrific actor when he wasn’t doing voices and impressions. I never liked his comedy. Thought it was dumb and annoying. But he has gravitas when he plays it straight.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Report is an easy movie to doze off to - there isn't a big chase scene at the end or anything - but it is worth finishing off. Siskel or Ebert had a theory about Robin Williams that he was a better actor when he had a full beard. The Fisher King might have been Williams best work.

12. Songbird

It didn't bore me. I go to bed early lately so once 8 o'clock rolls around I lose my steam fast.

Draft saved Draft deleted