1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He's Mike Trout on a team full of Johnny LeMasters.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that he and other have made a variation of that argument. Of course, 1) however shady Hunter Biden’s ties were, no one from either party believes that Joe Biden’s actions to remove the AG were improper; to the contrary there was wide bipartisan support and he was directed to lead the effort by Obama; 2) of all of the thousands of shady characters selling access to foreign governments (including his personal lawyer and former campaign manager), the only one which he has taken any interest in is this one.

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Why are those grown men so rattled by a teenager?

wicked likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input Monkey Boy. Now get those printing presses running. Oh, and say hi to your bitch wife too!

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

What? The printing presses never stop.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course, gotta keep those semi trucks loading with Benjamins.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

If they put the Benjamins in bags Mnuchin would literally be Trump’s bag man.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

They will probably just ignore any evidence, rant about how “unfair” the process was and then the GOP will vote en masse against removing Trump from office.

As a result, Trump will crow about his victory and Hunter Biden will be front-and-center far more than if some Ukrainian investigation had been announced.

That causes me to worry about November. If I stay in this state, my Electoral College vote goes to Trump. I don’t have the wherewithal to move to Ohio, Pennsylvania or some other state where my vote might make some difference.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

How about refuting gross misstatements that demonstrate that the people at that microphone have no idea what they're talking about?

Last night I referenced Hakeem Jeffries' remark that there was fighting going on in Crimea. I wondered if he maybe just misspoke. Does he really not know the difference in Crimea (which is in Russia) and the Donbass region (which is in Ukraine)? So I did some research. No, he didn't misspeak. He really has no idea what went on and what's going on in Ukraine.

And NO ONE ever challenges him, points out his ignorance. Not the interviewers. And no one here. Everybody here is too busy swooning over every word the House managers say.

THAT is why you can't let these people drone on for hours unchallenged. If they are proving themselves to be ignorant, then that should be pointed out immediately.

OscarMadison and qtlaw like this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OK, but what does he say to this guy?

"Chris Hohn’s hedge fund firm, TCI Fund Management, made more money in financial markets than any of the world’s most successful hedge fund firms in 2019, marking his ascendancy in the trading world."

"Last year, Hohn took his corporate activism in a new direction due to his concerns over climate change, saying he would put pressure on corporate boards of companies that did not disclose their carbon dioxide emissions."

Billionaire Chris Hohn Becomes A Hedge Fund Giant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.