1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sourdough vs. BBQ: Super Bowl LIV thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 19, 2020.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I was going to take this into account for all your prop betting needs once it gets closer to game time and the weather conditions become better known.

WE MOCK WHAT WE DON'T UNDERSTAND

Chef2 likes this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Wood.

heyabbott likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Regarding the Florio comments that I would link to if I wasn’t at the Puerto Vallarta airport...I think it was obvious the Titans were afraid to tackle Mahomes, particularly on his clinching TD run. They repeatedly allowed him to gain a few more yards and dash out of bounds untouched.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I see the refs being protective of both QBs.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The white hat is Bill Vinovich. Yes, the same white hat from last year's NFC Championship Game between the Rams and Saints. Not that white hats throw (or don't throw) flags on pass interference.

And one of three Denver-based officials working the big game for the second year in a row.

Chef2 likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Even money JLo wears a Kobe jersey. 5:2 that Shakira wears one too.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I was watching the NFL Films Super Bowl IV.

John Facenda called Joe Kapp, "Injun Joe" about five times.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I remember when the "State of the Game" presser the Commissioner did each year was a somewhat big deal. But NFL's media people do a hell of a job making sure there is no news broken. Hell, they even moved it up to Wednesday to help bury it.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Anybody got any prop bets they like? I'm combing through the catalogue now, trying to find some with + odds that have a realistic chance of paying off.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    heyabbott and matt_garth like this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Quick barbecue take: All smoked meat is good meat, vinegar sauce is bigger garbage than East Carolina, cole slaw goes in a bowl on the side and not on the meat, french fries are served on the side and not on the meat, onion rings are served on the side and not the meat, macaroni and cheese is a better side than french fries, and I fail to understand why this thread title is trying to force people to choose EITHER sourdough bread OR barbecue.

TL,DR: Respect the meat, bitches.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

BTW, Santa Maria barbecue tri-tip > KC barbecue, or any barbecue, by miles.

mpcincal and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted