1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sourdough vs. BBQ: Super Bowl LIV thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 19, 2020.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

A load of brisket on top of a couple slices of sour dough. Fries on the side. Brown gravy over the whole thing. Classic open-face Hot Roast Beef Sandwich. Yum yum.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The last of which, before this year, was in 2002. They'd won two playoff games since then (in 2003 and 2017) and still haven't had a 10-win season since 2008, which was also their last division title. They're better than some of the teams you mentioned, but they certainly belong in the same group. They've not only been irrelevant for most of the last 15 years, they've been among the most boring franchises in the NFL to watch. Derrick Henry might be the most exciting offensive player the franchise has had since it moved to Tennessee.

Also, the Vikings have been to three conference championship games as well since 1999 (2000, 2009 and 2017). And if we're going all the way back to 1999, the Buccaneers won a Super Bowl in that span.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

come again?

[​IMG]

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I take mashed potatoes, put them on top of the brisket.
    Or you could take the fries and put them on top of the brisket.
    Either way.....

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Ok.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'll see your Primanti Bros and raise you a Fat Sal's
    Just heard about this one.....the Fat Hot Chick.
    [​IMG]

FAT HOT CHICK
    nashville hot chicken | mac & cheese bites | jalapeño coleslaw | pickles | flamin’ hot cheetos | fat sauce® | on a hero

Of course, after eating this monstrosity, I would be scared to fart for a month for fear of the inevitable trouser chili racing down my leg.
    But son of a bitch, that looks good.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I swear to God, there are restaurants out there that should be charged with Murder 2, Depraved Indifference.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

And we wonder why Americans are so GD out of shape (myself included).

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

No offense but that is revolting.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Most of over-40 America has given up on getting in shape. Wait -- round is a shape!

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Here's what you do. You take those fries, move them over. Replace them with a good stuffing/dressing. Give that a nice bit of brown gravy, perfect. If you need a place in the Bay Area to get that, I have one.

(KC BBQ is ... fine. I'll take Texas, southern buffet and maybe knockoff Texas ahead of it)

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And hold it between your knees.

justgladtobehere likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted