1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There was a plot?

Scout likes this.
  2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Yes, the gun goes "pew pew pew."

Scout likes this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Midsommar last night. Still great

Severian likes this.
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Saw Knives Out this weekend. A fun, somewhat smart movie. Really like a stylized old school TV movie with a great cast, but enjoyable.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Latest Godzilla...

I'm OK with monsters and all the other horseshit, but time is fucking time. You don't get to Antarctica in an hour or two. You don't get across Boston on foot in 12 minutes.

So, shitty movie. Hard to see the big things fighting. That's all I really want to see. Pacific Rim is still the "king" of big things beating the shit out of each other.

Batman and garrow like this.
  6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ready or Not and Hustlers were both terrible. Hustlers at least had JLo’s stripper routine.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Bad Boys for Life was an enjoyable two hours in the theater. Good story and it was very visually appealing.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So Tarantino says he's retiring after his 10th movie - he's only 58. Is it just a marketing thing for him to make his movies seem more important? Is he going to count sequels like Kill Bill as one movie or two?
    I enjoy his movies, but really wish he would ditch the "pledge" - Eastwood's best work as director was in the last 20 years, and I almost think Tarantino would benefit from doing some "small movies" that don't necessarily fit in his genre.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

See Motley Crue. at any rate, yeah, why pledge to a number? That’s silly. Then again, he could continue to write screenplays and not direct. Still, I can understand the need to branch out and try something new. But making some silly pledge public just comes off as needy.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

So watched Step Brothers last night with my 11 year old daughter. Definitely some racy elements; in particular, the tee bag of the drum set. But I’ve been trying to gradually expose her to increasingly mature themes and the like — The Godfather, Catch Me If You Can — and found that Stepbrothers was a good vehicle because it addressed mature themes in completely idiotic terms that I think (hope) she can relate to. Like when the bully girl tells Will Ferrell to “shut your face, ese,” she damn near died laughing.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Drop your prejudice against movies with subtitles. "Parasite" was amazing. Poor family manages to worm its way into life of rich family, and...wow, what a ride, You will laugh your ass off. You will cringe. You will be haunted. There is a "Crying Game"-esque swerve (not involving sexual identity) I won't give away. What a movie...may be appropriate it was directed by a Korean guy named Bong,

Alma likes this.
  12. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

If you haven’t seen Bong Joon-Ho’s other movies, it’s a worthwhile endeavor. Snowpiercer definitely.

qtlaw likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted